addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

OC Backpackers Message Board Backpacking Discussions › Three Ridges and The Priest

Three Ridges and The Priest

Brittany W
user 10359305
Norfolk, VA
Post #: 4
These are two hikes I suddenly feel an overwhelming urge to complete. Does anyone know where I can find good maps of this area? I like to hike with very detailed maps of the entire area (in case I change course mid-hike), good topo lines, good readability, etc. Basically, I like a map that has way more info than I will possibly use. I see that PATC maps 12 and 13 are sort of nearby, but I couldn't tell if they actually included these hikes. Does anyone who's been here before have a recommendation on a good map?
Mark U! ՟՜ ҉ ☺.
YukYukBahHah
Fairfield, CA
Post #: 66
there's a good map under the ECH meetup under Harper's Creek map file.
Marty
user 7063930
Norfolk, VA
Post #: 6
I planning to do the 3 ridges loop this weekend on Sept 3. 14miles plus. anybody else interested?

I planning to backpack the 3 ridge loop, 14 miles. leaving Saturday, Sept 4, 6am.

Three Ridges is one of Virginia's most popular backpacking circuits. Situated in Central Virginia, just 30 miles southwest of Charlottesville, the hike has vista after vista along the Appalachian Trail, and many small waterfalls and pools on the Mau-Har Trail on Campbell Creek.

http://www.hikingupwa...­.