From our friends at OC Worx:
Hardware Show N' Tell, the series, is a brand new recurring meetup for innovators in hardware and fans of innovations in hardware.
We get together once a month / twice if warranted, at various locations, always casual, always unstructured, over beers and chips. Format: - Meet N' Greet
- 2 speakers / 45 minutes each (includes Q&A) with a 10 minute break in between - BYO Beverages / BYO Grub to share.
If you have a project or two that you wish to share (we're thinking two per meetup / allows for deep dive discussions) - please feel free to reach out to any of the organizers to schedule you in. This meetup is all about:
- sharing your vision / sharing your knowledge as subject matter expert
- your successes and setbacks
- sharing current technological & developmental challenges
- getting feedback and technological advise from a friendly lot
- a lively audience driven Q&A
This meetup is not about:
- Pitching your idea for funding / though it could be a nice side effect - It's not a fireside chat - because we're in California :-) - roasting the presenter - there are other avenues for that. Our first presenter: Dylan Watkins - OC Virtual Reality Community Builder & Burger Monster In 2006, I got a Degree in Business Management from Cal State Fullerton. I got a chance to put my degree to use in 2010 when I launched a specialty food truck with the co founder, Kendrick Parks. I am a streamliner, inventor, & entrepreneur. I have a passion for delicious food & amazing virtual/augmented reality experiences. So I am a professional man-boy... eating food & playing video games all day ;-D. How did I get started...
I worked as a concierge/bellmen at the Hyatt for 7 years. Wanted to go into the restaurant biz together but couldn’t come up with the capital. So we started a food truck with no real cooking experience. A week before we started launch the truck we quit our jobs & ran with it. In short, I am the owner of the crazy food truck called Burger Monster. I have been running it for 4 years and it has caused me to wear many hats. I am thankful for the opportunity to be able to learn as much as I have. For the last 2 years my partners & I have been focusing on educating ourselves with the latest tech.
This involved going to meet ups, joining tech/incubation programs (like, General Assembly, Fast Start Studio, and Peoplespace)and learning as much as we could to be on the forefront of technology.
May 1st 2014 I Founded a Virtual Reality Meetup group called OCVR; with the focus of brining together like minded developers with a passion for developing VR/AR experiences. We help democracies the ability to make VR/AR experiences by hosting several VR/AR hackathons, demos nights and educational classes. We have over 330 members and meet up monthly to produce AR/VR experiences. Basically we get together, build cool shit then demo it at our public events. If you are interested in VR/AR... come build your virtual future with me! http://www.meetup.com/OC-Virtual-Reality-Meetup/
Specialties: Community Building, Hardware Fabrication, Project Planning, VR/AR Unity Developer/Teaching, Marketing, Branding, Trend development
Our second presenter is TBA As mentioned, it's our third meetup. Let's get together and let's help shape this series. BYO Beverages & BYO Snacks. Feel free to invite others who might be interested.