O.C. Ladies Day Out! is a social group for motivated, fun, positive women who want to build friendships and socialize with other like-minded women. Think of it as a larger group of "Sex and The City" girlfriends!
Some of our more common events include: Group Dinners, Happy Hours, Movie Nights, Weekend Getaways, Brunch, Girl's Night Out, Spa Days, Wine tastings, Fairs & Festivals, Shopping Days, Game Nights, Accessory / Book Swaps and lots of other fun events! Most of our members are in their late 20s, 30's or 40s.
**If you'd like to join our group, we do have a few things we require ** 1) Please review the "About Us" page. We have many good tips and suggestions on how to make this a good experience for you and all our members.
2) We require that you be local and in Orange County (or Long Beach as it's practically in OC). We've had several girls join from other areas only to never attend events. We prefer quality not quantity. ;-)
3) We require a photo of yourself to join. It makes it very difficult to find each other at events if there is no photo posted. Additionally, as we are a 'women only' group we'd like to be assured that you are female as we've had a few folks try to join with somewhat ambigous names and photos.
4) If you would like to plan an event and are not an organizer, please contact Margarita and she would love to discuss the details with you. However, please note that we do not post home-based business parties (i.e. Tupperware, Candles, Pampered Chef, etc.) on our group.
5) Please RSVP 'Yes' for an event only if you're sure you're able to attend. Space is limited and therefore some events fill up quickly. To that end, if you have (2) or more 'No Shows' (meaning you RSVP'd 'Yes' but never 'Confirmed' for the event or showed up), you will autmatically be noved to the 'Wait List' for future events. In addtion, we ask that you not RSVP 'Yes' but add a comment such as 'more of a maybe'. If you do, your RSVP will be removed, or you too will be moved to the wait list.
6) Lastly, usually about (1) week prior to the event we will send an email to those who RSVP'd Yes requesting that you 'Confirm' for that event. Please take a moment at that time to go to the event page, click on 'Update' (located next to the green GOING button) and add in comments section: 'Confirmed'. This step is important as most times we need an accurate headcount for reserved table. If you are unable to attend once that email is sent out, please kindly change your RSVP to 'Not Going', it frees up space for another member that may currently be on the 'Waiting List' for that event.
7) Show up!! Don't be shy, Come out, introduce yourself and most of all....have FUN!!!
**NOTE - O.C Ladies day out! is about cultivating female friendships and is not a target for soliciting goods or services through events. We do not post home-based business parties (candles, tupperware, etc.) and anyone requsting to join the group with a 'business and/or marketing intent' will be denied. We do welcome advertising to our members as a sponsor for our group, please feel free to contact us through the "Sponsor" button on this page. Thanks for understanding.**
Risks and Disclaimers: All members of Meetup must agree to their Terms of Service. Section 5.2 specifically releases the Organizer and Assistant Organizers from any liability related to incidents that occur at Meetup gatherings. Please see the "About Us" section for a summary of our Waiver of Liability. The full Waiver is also posted on the Message Board.