What we're about
Connection + Love + Intimacy Studio is a place for open-minded explorers of all stripes—singles, couples, all genders and orientations—to gather for authentic conversations and inquiry into having a lush, vibrant life. By applying the principles of regular practice (like yoga or pilates) and mindfulness (like meditation) to areas of life like friendship, relationship, and sexuality, we promote health, vitality, empathy, and connection through the innovative mindfulness and wellness practices that we practice, teach, and coach.
Our core practice is Orgasmic Meditation (OM), combining the power and attention of meditation with the deeply human, deeply felt and connected experience of orgasm.
OM is a 15-minute partnered consciousness practice where one partner strokes the other one's clitoris for 15 minutes with no goal other than to feel and be present.
We make an important distinction between climax and the orgasm state. Climax is a few seconds of physical experience, whereas the state of orgasm is continuous—a flow state. In that state of flow, OMers access optimal states of consciousness brought about from the activation of the sex impulse.
When harnessed consciously, orgasm can enhance us as human beings. Science and experience agree - orgasm can incline people towards empathy, connection and generosity. Orgasm magnifies, intensifies, and vivifies everyday experience not by altering it, but by revealing its true nature, with astounding implications for our health, happiness, and relationships.
It might just be the thing that wakes you up for good. It sure has for many of us.
Along the way you can also choose (in classes or in private sessions) to learn:
• Clean, authentic communication and consent The role of desire and how to harness it
• The power of simplicity, with nothing added
• How to have more non-sexual, friendly touch in your daily life
• How to feed the place inside that yearns for something you can’t quite touch
You belong here if:
• You are ready to feel more, and have greater intimacy, connection and mindful play in your life.
• You gravitate towards authenticity, and really have no patience for superficial chit-chat
• You operate from a deep curiosity about life, love, relationship, and questions of what makes for richer, more meaningful connections
• You’re fascinated to understand more about sexuality and sensuality, but you often feel embarrassed, self-conscious, or otherwise stifled
• You walk around feeling kind of numb, almost like sleepwalking; there’s a sense that it’s not supposed to be this way, but you don’t know how to turn up the lights
• You feel an inner hunger that can’t quite be satisfied by all the ways you try: food, alcohol, sex, even drugs all leave you feeling emptyYou know there must be a better way for humans to connect with each other
You can participate at whatever level feels good to you. In fact, we insist that you only say yes when it’s 100% yes.
We're excited to meet you!
Feel free to call or text Sharon at 617.299.1197 with any questions.
TED talk by the founder, Nicole Daedone and How to OM video: