addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

ONA PDX Message Board › ONA12 Conference in San Francisco

ONA12 Conference in San Francisco

Rachel W.
rewrightme
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
I'm attending ONA12. I'm wondering who else is going?

Also, they just released their Thursday workshops, i.e., pre-conference schedule. Is anyone planning on attending one of these? I think it would be great if there were a few of us going to the Thursday workshops, and we all went to different ones. Ditto for the conference. And then we come back and share our knowledge.

Best,

Rachel
Daniel B.
danielbachhuber
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
I'll be there! I'm the website chair this year and will mostly be coordinating that.
Rachel W.
rewrightme
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
Good to hear. Think I've narrowed down my Thursday workshop to 3 choices.
Toni T.
ttaboraroberts
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
I'd be up for a pre-conference ONA PDX casual meetup so those of us who are going can meet each other (if we haven't already) and discuss the conference. Those of us who've been before and those of us who know San Francisco can share. I might send out a poll to see how many people are planning to go.

Cheers,
Toni
Toni T.
ttaboraroberts
Portland, OR
Post #: 5
Were you able to get in on the conference hotel? I missed the boat and I'll need to find a new nearby hotel...
Rachel W.
rewrightme
Portland, OR
Post #: 3
No, I wasn't even trying to stay at the conference hotel. Way too expensive for me. I'm in contact with San Fran friends — working out non-conference dates to stay with them. And then think for actual conference dates will find a hotel in order to save on commute time.

I think a casual meetup prior to the conference would be nice. I just went to San Fran, so the lay of the land is fresh in my head.
Rachel W.
rewrightme
Portland, OR
Post #: 5
I took the tip from an ONA newsletter and scoured Airbnb.com for a place.

I've made a reservation at the StartupHouse. If you don't mind the setting, you can't beat $35 a night. They also have private rooms for $70 a night.

Rachel