McMillan Street, between Ocean View Drive and Lawton Drive, Oakland, CA
NVC is readily understood but difficult to practice. This Meetup is created with the intention to support NVC practitioners and those who wish to learn NVC in a group setting. This is a drop-in course that will be held once a month at various locations and days and is open to all levels of experience. Participants should have some idea of what NVC is and are invited to attend our monthly introductions called The Art and Science of Getting Along.
We Practice To...
• Be more compassionate with ourselves and others by increasing our awareness of our feelings and needs
• Distinguish our actual observations from our story about what happened
• Translate our judgmental thoughts into the underlying feelings and needs
• Listen empathically
• Receive "hard to hear" statements without taking it personally
• Make requests while holding everyone's needs as equally important
• Support our own values while honoring the needs of others
• Connect with a sense of aliveness and appreciation
by clicking on this link and filling out the form: NVC Practice Group Registration
Spots are limited. Your spot will be reserved after you have registered.
No one will be turned away due to financial constraints. If you would like to join us but are unable to pay, no problem. Just send a message to Kat letting her know you would like to attend and are in need of a scholarship.
Things to bring: notebook, pen/pencil, willingness to learn and support yourself and others through all of our learning experiences