If you're interested in traveling to Cuba, there are some amazing trips coming up this year. Groups will be mostly solo travelers and small, usually between 7-10 people and truly local, as we will be staying in local bed and breakfast style accommodations. Some of the trips below are not LGBTQ specific, but everyone is welcome! Usually about a quarter to a half of each trip's travelers are members of the LGBTQ community as well.
I know that Havana has been in the media a lot recently because of the hurricane and the sonic "attacks". I was actually just in Havana the 2nd week of October. I went to all the places we'll visit during the tour and spoke with many Cubans about the situation. I felt very safe and the Cubans I spoke with told me that they want you to come discover their island! There's still people hanging out on the Malecon, music around every corner, and the mojitos are still delicious :-) All of our casas that we'll be staying in have been cleared for travel as well.
9-DAY/8-NIGHT TRIP DATES :
*LGBTQ Trip : May 26 - June 3, 2018
- November 18 - 26, 2017 - SOLD OUT!
- February 17 - 25, 2018
*More 2018 trip dates can be seen on the website : http://globe-drifters.com/tour/cuba/
$2,400 (excluding flights)
*Single Supplement is $550
See past travelers' Yelp reviews by clicking here : REVIEWS (https://www.yelp.com/biz/globe-drifters-san-francisco-2)
Days 1-3 : HAVANA
· Classic car convertible ride to Fusterlandia (famous artist neighborhood) and Revolution Square.
· Drinks in Old Havana and live music at El Floridita, Buena Vista Social Club and other hot spots!
Days 3-5 : VINALES
• Organic farm visit and dinner at local farmer's home.
• Local tobacco farm tour and cigar rolling demonstration.
• Your choice of optional activities : cooking class & local market visit, horseback riding, or caving at one of the many caves in the area (at your own expense).
Days 5-6 : PLAYA LARGA
• Swimming or snorkeling at Bay of Pigs & Bay of Pigs historical museum visit.
• Sunset dinner & drinks at Playa Larga.
Days 6-8 : TRINIDAD
• Hike to and swim at waterfall w/ a stop at a local farmer's house for tea.
• Beach time at Playa Ancon.
Days 8-9 : HAVANA
• Say adios to Cuba with one last dinner at a local paladar!
Commercial flights have started and are pretty reasonable from SFO. American, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, United, Alaska, and Spirit all fly to Cuba.
For more information, please visit : http://globe-drifters.com/tour/cuba/ or email : [masked]