Join us for bookclub!
October Book: The Dollhouse by Fiona Davis
Fiona Davis's stunning debut novel pulls readers into the lush world of New York City's glamorous Barbizon Hotel for Women, where a generation of aspiring models, secretaries, and editors lived side-by-side while attempting to claw their way to fairy-tale success in the 1950s, and where a present-day journalist becomes consumed with uncovering a dark secret buried deep within the Barbizon's glitzy past.
All the details:
• Bookclub takes place on the 1st Wednesday of each month.
• Books will be picked 3 months in advance to give everyone plenty of time to read the book.
• Location will move each month to member's homes. Each attendee should bring a dish to pass, heavy'ish appetizers or desserts (please leave a comment below on what your bringing so we don't have too much of a good thing!) and your beverage of choice
• There is a Facebook group called: Books At The Beach that will help us keep up with books, locations, etc.. Search on the group and request to join and I will add you to the facebook group. It will be a closed group so only members can add people.
• Format is 40 min of social/eating time, 10 min of bookclub 'business', 1 to 1/2 hours of discussion
• Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, ideas or comments. Everyone is welcome, this will be a casual discussion of the books we've read, no expectations on literary reviews, hopefully just good books, good friends, good discussion, good food and drinks!
If you're not sure you want to read the book but would like to join us to see what it's like that is ok too, everyone is welcome, no matter what! Please join us!