Thanks for stopping by. We may or may not be accepting new members, depending on how full our group is at any given time.
This group is for married (or the equivalent) couples age 40 and up. We meet at restaurants and other events, as well as sometimes having off-the-page things for established member friends. Members don't have to live in the Clear Lake area but that's where most of the events will be held.
Full legal names of both partners and current city of residence are required but you can send them to the organizer by private message if you prefer. (Since we sometimes meet in members' homes, we need to know who's who).
Please read before applying to see if our group is a good fit for you. Guidelines may change over time.
* Please don't sign up if you are single, swingers, selling something or for any other purpose besides seeking friendship and getting out of the house.
* Events are mainly date nights, so both partners attend. They're also members-only, so no guests or kids unless otherwise stated.
* No-shows, repeat late cancellers and inactive members may be removed to make room for new applicants. We strive for a close-knit friendship circle of couples who are able and willing to participate regularly.
* We will usually reach out to new members who have signed up for an event, shortly before that event. This is so they'll know how to find us and so we know they'll be showing up. They need to reply for us to save them a seat.
* Please don't post about other events/issues on our group's pages. These are usually very well meant but have led to a surprising amount of hassle: Others getting the impression that it's a community bulletin board and posting a flood of competing events or ads, misunderstandings that we're facilitating events we don't have anything to do with, members opting out of our group's messages completely after getting too many unrelated messages, etc.
* Please PM the organizers if you can host a meetup at your home, whether for a potluck dinner, game or movie night, just drinks and hanging out, or etc.
* Please keep talk of politics and religion light if mentioned at all, heh.
* Photos- Taking photos of members or their homes can be a security issue or a personal privacy preference, so please ask first.
* Fees- Members aren't charged any of the fee Meetup charges to list this group. However, it is a private group and membership can be denied or revoked at the discretion of the organizers.
* Be nice and assume good intentions. We are a friendly social group. :)