So you've got an Arduino... and that eager little automaton is sitting there on your desk waiting for you to give it some marching orders. Don't know what to do next? Come join us for our Arduino beginner programming workshop!
Simply bring your laptop, an Arduino (or clone), and a USB cable. We will step you through your first Arduino programming gig. Things we will cover include:
* Arduino software installation
* Getting the Arduino connection and settings working
* Use example code, compile and upload to the Arduino
* Make the blinky light do what we want (Arduino's Hello World)
* Learn about libraries and use one of the built-in ones
* Talk about where to go from there
Please download the Arduino software before-hand. Get the appropriate one for your laptop from here http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software under the section "Download". We can help you install it, but it will save everyone's time if you can get the file off the net and onto your computer before we start.
Also, make sure your USB cable is the right one for your particular Arduino. Some use the original, some the mini, and some the micro. Connect your Arduino with the cable and verify that lights come on.