addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Omaha Live Music and Movie Enthusiasts Message Board › Hello Omaha Live Music and Movie Enthusiasts.....

Hello Omaha Live Music and Movie Enthusiasts.....

A former member
I hope this message finds you well.  The reason why I am sending this out is to find out the level of interest of simply getting together as a group for some drinks at a local watering bar or restaurant and discussing what type of events everyone wants to have.  

When I created the group, I mostly wanted to see live music of the original variety as opposed to cover bands.  That being said, I know we have some people that enjoy seeing cover bands and it may make for a better turnout if we try to schedule some events for everyone's liking.  As I believe I have conveyed to most in the group, I am very enthusiastic to have everyone being co-organizers.  I have tried to make sure that the settings would allow anyone to post events without having to go through me.  Unlike some groups, I want to have everyone involved in planning events.  I AM NOT the soup Nazi. ;-)

Anyway, if everyone would like to meet for a cover band somewhere, I am up for it.  The more the merrier.  And again, if you are having problems creating any event, please e-mail me and let me know.  I will try to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. 

Thanks,

Darren
A former member
Post #: 2
Sounds good to me.

I have been thinking of starting and arts and culture group since I love going to museums and cultural events. Maybe we could discuss adding that to this group or if it is best to keep it separate.
A former member
Post #: 11
I think that would be a great idea, Theresa. When I was younger, I was very involved in art competitions, and would enjoy attending more art openings, etc.. Start thinking about a name and we'll see what we can come up with.
A former member
Post #: 2
That sounds great. Since I'm in Lincoln and pretty busy with grad school, I won't be able to make it to as many events in Omaha as I would like, but I'll always be looking for stuff around here if anyone wants to venture this way.