We have had such an overwhelming amount of interest in the topic of diversity and inclusion we thought we should throw it open and invite you all to contribute to the discussion and share your expertise. Hurrah!
Diversity and inclusion is an important part of the digital charity ecosystem, we're keen to do this better and to learn from each other, join in at the Unconference.
:: Why unconference? ::
In the spirit of openness, an unconference allows us to collaborate, share and learn in a way that fits the needs of the room. There’s no structured programme, it’s an opportunity to create sessions and build our own agenda on the day.
It’s also a great chance to meet and network with your peers in an informal environment.
:: Perhaps you could lead a session? ::
- present something you’re working on
- speak about something that interests you
- pose a problem or question to unpack
- challenge with debate
- run a workshop
Anything goes as long as it relates to diversity, inclusion and charities in a digital way.
This can mean working on digital in an inclusive way as well as delivering to audiences inclusively online. This is more about people, processes, and organisations’ approach and mindset than about technology and tools.
Check out the Session Leader Guidelines for details and tips on running a session at the Unconference (link in comment below).
::: Schedule :::
08:30: - Arrive (breakfast snacks available)
08:45: - Intro & pitch your session idea
09:00: - 25 min sessions stream 1
09:30: - 25 min sessions stream 2
10:00: - 25 min sessions stream 3
10:30: - Wrap up
10:45: - Networking (can continue afterwards in the cafeteria next door)
11:00: - End
Join us and come prepared to get involved, share and learn.
::: Good to know :::
- As an inclusive event we have made sure the venue is accessible to those with mobility difficulties.
- Please let us know about any accessibility needs you have and we will endeavor to meet them.
- Sessions will be recorded (in some way) and shared afterwards.
- Drinks and snacks will be available from the cafeteria which is adjacent to the rooms we will be in. The cafeteria is subsidised, drinks and snacks are very reasonably priced.