What we're about
At Open Indy, we advocate for using public data and technology to improve our city. We are techies and non-techies, experts and enthusiasts—all with a mission to make Indianapolis’s data accessible for the benefit its inhabitants. To demonstrate the value of open data, we bring together Indy’s technology sector, non-profits, and public policy makers; accept challenges and design solutions; and educate the public about the benefits of technology based on open data. We believe that an Open Indy is a better Indy.
The Open Indy Brigade provides a central hub of those interested in using open data and open-source development to improve their communities including:
• Bringing government services into the 21st century using current technologies
• Making government services more accessible and usable for the average citizen
• Promoting the availability of open data – detailed data sets that are relevant to all citizens and can enable innovative applications
• Enabling new relationships and insights to be discovered by combining different open data sets
• Creating applications that could be used in other communities
Please join us for an evening as we discuss open data efforts in Indy and across the state!
For more information, please visit our website (http://www.indycivichack.com/brigade), follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/indybrigade), or join the conversation on Slack (https://indy-ansible-invite.herokuapp.com/fluf3ju5glad1nap3ec6).