We'll be having our monthly open work meetup again at the Humphrey School on April 28th at 6pm. Bring yourself, your skills, your passion, and your ideas. We'll bring pizza.
Learn About Poplus From Steven Clift
This month we're excited to welcome Steven Clift (http://stevenclift.com/), Executive Director of E-Democracy (http://e-democracy.org/), to Open Twin Cities. Steven is dropping by to tell us about Poplus, an international open source project and community that's establishing standards to enable civic technologies to work together. In addition, Poplus is creating civic technology components - plugin-like bits of code that organizations and developers can use to quickly add common civic tech functionality to their applications. You can learn more about Poplus at their website (http://poplus.org/), see code at their GitHub (https://github.com/poplus/), and join the discussion on their Google Group (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/poplus).
We're Recording This
Want to see Steven's talk about Poplus, but you can't make it to the Humphrey School? Well this month we're trying something new - we're going to record Steven's presentation! If all works out, we'll have a video of this presentation to share with everybody after the meetup.
If you're looking for project ideas, checkout:
• Adopt-A-Tree (https://github.com/ballPointPenguin/adopt-a-tree),
• the Northside Digital Innovation Alliance Digital Asset projects (Django Backend (https://github.com/OpenTwinCities/ndia-django) and Angular Frontend (https://github.com/OpenTwinCities/ndia-angular)),
• our project and community management discussions (http://bit.ly/manageOTC),
• issues with the Open Twin Cities website (https://github.com/OpenTwinCities/opentwincities.github.com),or
• the Open Twin Cities Projects Page (http://opentwincities.org/projects).