Click here to watch the event live! (https://youtu.be/ut2-IAEQmso)
Columbia University, edX, George Washington University, McKinsey Academy, IBL Studios and Open Online Academy's representatives will talk about the state of Open edX and explain how this open-source technology is helping universities and businesses to implement MOOC-style courses, intended for blended, continuous education, professional development, alumni engagement, lead generation and for-credit programs.
• Maurice Matiz, Director, Media & Instructional Design Studio, Columbia Center for Teaching & Learning, Columbia University
• Joel Barciauskas, Engineering Manager at edX
• Lorena A. Barba, Professor at George Washington University and Chair of Open edX Universities Symposium
• Paul Schiff Berman, Vice Provost for Online Education and Academic Innovation, George Washington University
• Jennifer Gormley, Senior Director, Product and Marketing at McKinsey Academy
• Michael Amigot, Founder at IBL Studios (Open edX)
• Ivan Shumkov, Founder at Open Online Academy (ooac.org)
This event will take place after the success of the Open edX Universities Symposium in DC (http://iblstudios.com/brightest-minds-in-higher-education-participated-in-the-first-open-edx-universities-symposium), organized by the same team.
This short, welcoming event –free of sales pitches– will include 10 minute brief talks, along with a round-table discussion and networking. Paul S Berman will moderate the panel.
This event will be live broadcasted and open to outside participation. All of the talks will be filmed and distributed throughout the Open edX community.
Our third Open edX meetup will be sponsored by McKinsey Academy, WeWork and IBL.
Access is free, although seats are limited. Beer and pizza will be served.
[Real time conversation on Slack's Open edX nymeetup channel (https://openedx.slack.com/archives/nymeetup/p1451313166000002)]
Post: Open edX's Platform Global Success (https://open.edx.org/blog/what-makes-open-edx-platform-unique-see-these-cases)