Please join the Oracle, Cloudera and Objectivity development teams to learn more on what's new in CDH4 (from a technical perspective), Oracle NoSQL database (technical overview) and benefits of graph technology (from Objectivity). There's no doubt that Big Data and Apache Hadoop have earned their place in the buzz words hall of fame. Buried beneath the hype is a thriving open source ecosystem that is creating a powerful platform for deriving insights from data. Both the adoption of Hadoop and the capabilities of the platform are increasing steadily thanks to the efforts of a large number of companies and individual developers. In this meetup, we'll visit some of the latest innovations in the Hadoop space as well as some context for those features and an overall perspective on the value of Hadoop now and going forward. W'll try to dwell on the main Hadoop use cases and point out where most exciting parts of the platform are.
- 6:00 - 6:30 - Socialize over food and beer(s)
- 6:30 - 7:00 - Oracle NoSQL and use cases (Dave Rubin, Director NoSQL Development at Oracle)
- 7:00 - 7:20 - Objectivity (Richard Kozicki, Sales Manager and Mark Maagdenberg, Sr. Field Engineer)
- 7:20 - 7:50 - Cloudera CDH4 (Daniel Templeton, Manager Partner Adoption at Cloudera)
- 7:50 - 9:00 - Socialize over food and beer(s)
116 New Montgomery Street Suite 300 San Francisco, CA 94105
Map & Directions: http://goo.gl/rHUcJ
If you plan to drive, the following parking lots are closest to our building
. Hearst Parking Center - 45 3rd street (between Kearny & Market)
. Moscone Parking Garage - 255 3rd street Folsom & Howard
. City Park - 55 Hawthorne
Public transit options include:
- The following bus lines stop within a 3 block radius to the building:#14, #10, #12, #30, #45, #8x, all the Market street buses that stop on 2nd or 3rd street, F, 9, 27, 6, 7, 21, 71
- BART or the underground MUNI lines, the Montgomery Street station stop is the exit closest to our building
Cloudera: Daniel Templeton, Manager Partner Adoption at Cloudera.
Daniel Templeton has extensive experience in big data systems and was previously at Oracle/Sun Microsystems leading Sun Grid Engine, Product Management.
Objectivity: Richard Kozicki, West Coast Sales Manager and Mark Maagdenberg, Sr. Field Engineer of Objectivity will be presenting a solution overview to highlight the benefits of graph technology and showcase a demo of InfiniteGraph, The Distributed Graph Database™ working with Oracle NoSQL DB.
Oracle: Dave Rubin, Director of Oracle NoSQL Product Development
Dave Rubin has extensive background in big data systems. Prior to Oracle, Dave was with Cox Enterprises where he ran the Infrastructure Engineering organization responsible for developing big data systems in the Online Display Advertising vertical. Previously, he ran the engineering teams at Rapt Inc, delivering Price Optimization and Inventory Forecasting solutions to online media companies. Dave started his career at Sybase where he worked on various parts of the database kernel including access methods, query optimization, resource management, and transaction management. He holds four U.S. patents in the areas of query optimization and advanced transaction models.