18420 Von Karman Ave, Irvine, CA
Join our monthly wine tasting dinner! This session will be great for new and seasoned members alike.
The topic of the month is "Barolo the Beautiful -- Tasting Nebbiolo from Different Decades and Regions"
and educational sommelier-guided wine tasting evening. Everyone is welcome, regardless of wine knowledge.
Click HERE to see the detailed wine list for this tasting evening. The list is usually finalized a week before the event, look for the tab with the correct date. You can also see past event line-ups there.
1. $69 covers the guided wine tasting and presentation with 8+ wines, you pay with credit card when you RSVP. There are no refunds if you change your mind, but you can send someone else on your behalf.
2. The restaurant (Prego Ristoranti) will charge you separately for a multi-course dinner at $39. Here's a sample menu, but they will change things up for each dinner. https://goo.gl/650pbj
You can also call us if you have any doubts about the quality of our tastings. Make a phone appointment here: https://calendly.com/somm.
HERE are many reviews of past dinners.
More About the Wine Elite Society
The Wine Elite Society sources wines from around the world, offering a truly unique tasting experience for those looking to go beyond the familiar wines of California.
Along with each dinner course, we serve two or more wines for a comparative blind tasting discussion, led by professional sommeliers whose task it is to identify each wine with input from our many knowledgeable attendees before the bottles are revealed.
This tasting format enables newcomers and experts alike to comfortably engage in the tasting discussion at any level of knowledge, and to advance quickly in wine knowledge at a small fraction of the time, effort and cost of studying wines by any other method.
Among the many things those new to wine can expect to learn are:
- The world’s key grape varieties, regions, styles and quality vintages
- How to taste wines systematically to appreciate their flavors more fully
- Wine terminology, how to read wine labels, and proper wine etiquette
- How to source, purchase, transport, store and consume aged wines
- How to buy with confidence from any store or any restaurant menu
Attendees enjoy gourmet food, quality networking opportunities, and an inviting social atmosphere. Our partner restaurants have multi-star chefs and provide us with beautiful private rooms or sections of their restaurants for an intimate experience.
To sign up for our monthly newsletter, visit www.WineElite.org.
If you are not sure if you would like to join, read here about what you can expect from our wine events. If you were looking for a real learning experience in wine, while connecting with new friends, this is the best place.
In each of our sommelier-guided wine appreciation sessions, we use a stable framework that has been proven to be useful. Here is the event format you can rely on. It is unique in California. We aim the be #1 choice for wine connoisseurs who like to add the interaction component to their passion.
1. We always have 8-10 different wines of good quality, with a few real highlights, that are in line with the topic of the month. Every wine is discussed carefully, the sommeliers in presence deliver overviews of the basic knowledge that helps guests to categorize the experience for best learning effect.
2. The wines are tasted in rounds of 2 or 3 that we compare directly. Pours are generous. We have a slight Old World bias in the selection of wines, as we believe they are overall more instructive. But we cover any wine style of importance over time, from around the world. We also try to have aged bottles whenever we can.
3. The atmosphere is informal and friendly. We always have new guests joining, as well repeat members in presence
4. We sometimes don't disclose the specific wines upfront to maintain an optimal learning effect. You can trust that we are not drinking uninteresting and cheap wines. We are very serious about our systematic explorations of the great wines of the world.
5. We all have dinner during our multi-round wine tasting evening, which usually takes 2.5 hours. Some guests stay long to be more social with friends made and to be safe drivers. We are focusing on wines in all discussions of the evening. If you are serious about wine, or want to explore your interest, you will be pleased with the depth of our wine discussions.
6. Prior wine experience does not matter, our blind-tasting approach brings everyone on the same page. We welcome new members, they will be comfortable from the first session on. We know how to integrate any new guests, singles, couples, shy or outgoing. Just RSVP and you will not regret getting involved with our group. There are many wine clubs that have all types of focus except wine. We are the real thing.
7. We usually have a private room (or private section) in a nice restaurant for good conversation. By joining our tastings, you save corkage fee and get exposure to a large set of valuable wines in a private room tasting.
8. In all our tastings we apply the philosophy laid out in this GrapeRadio interview that Joey gave in December 2013: http://www.graperadio.com/archives/2013/12/27/wine-tasting-clubs/
Refunds offered if:
Additional notes: text us anytime at 858 779 4125 if you have questions.
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.