addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

PDX Wine & Adventure Enthusiasts Message Board › 2nd week - transportation from Florence airport to San Donato

2nd week - transportation from Florence airport to San Donato

This message board is read-only.

Merry Lou F.
user 9647281
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 7
The Villa property manager will arrange for a driver to pick anyone up from the airport for direct transfer to the Villa. They need to know about one week in advance. Cost is $80 euros. I asked for 4 people to be picked up as a general #. They would need a van for more than 4. We could all split the cost. Is anyone arriving around 11:45 am on 10/13? I will already be in Florence and can probably take the train from my hotel to the bus stop to San Donato. But I am willing to meet people at the airport in baggage and arrange for the ride for all of us. This would be about $100 split 4 ways with a tip. So $25 each and tip.

If anyone is interested, please get in touch with me.
Tamara
user 6131957
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Post #: 66
Keep in mind that tipping a cab driver is not expected in Italy, and certainly not 25%. You can probably get it cheaper by just taking a cab from the airport, too.
Merry Lou F.
user 9647281
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 8
Thanks for the advice, Tamara. Yes, Taxi is another way. The Euro is fluctuating again and a bitless than last week...so not good for the US exchange rate. I did read about tipping the driver as optional, but $1-3 Euros per bag is expected. Usually $1 E.