addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Orlando iOS Developer Group Message Board › iPhone programming course at Seminole State College - cancelled

iPhone programming course at Seminole State College - cancelled

Pete W.
acedanger
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 2
I was just called and told that the iPhone development course at SSC was being cancelled due to low census. There were only 8 enrolled students and they needed a minimum of 15.

I was looking forward to the class.
Andrew K.
user 7281070
Group Organizer
Orlando, FL
Post #: 3
Man, that's really disappointing. I wonder why there was such a low enrollment rate. I was excited because I thought it would be a great opportunity to expose students to iOS development.
Demian S.
user 19022301
Sanford, FL
Post #: 2
That is really strange. I wonder if people just didn't know it was there because I here people all the time wanting to learn.
Shane H.
user 14514466
Orlando, FL
Post #: 32
Bummer dude.

Perhaps at the next meetup have available an interest list for people to sign and provide their contact information. Get the phone and emails so the professor can reach out to them. Or if the class has a facebook page, potential students could connect that way.

A former member
Post #: 30
I would guess since native iOS development requires Objective-C and most colleges teach Java now-a-days, there was not a lot of interest.

I wonder if there would be more traction if Android development was offered instead.