During the August edition of the Go Meetup we will focus on an introductory workshop to learn the language as well as a brief review of the .
try! Proposal Review - Dylan Arbour (20 minutes)
A brief review and discussion of the following proposal: https://github.com/golang/go/issues/32437
Introduction to Go - Matt McGraw (60 minutes)
This workshop will be aimed at developers who are new to Go but have some experience programming (specifically those coming from dynamic programming languages). The workshop will focus on parsing a CSV in order to run computations against the data, showing off five different methods:
1. Simple parsing with "encoding/csv".
2. Using maps to build a MapReader, to mimic Python's DictReader.
3. FilteredMapReader, an extension to MapReader allowing certain fields to be filtered during the parsing stage.
4. Introducing statically typed results through a CSVScanner.
5. IterCSVScanner that adds an iterator to the CSVScanner.
The building at 245 Cooper St will be locked at 5:00pm. Please arrive between 6:00pm and 6:30pm - as we will have someone available to let attendees in. Food will arrive at 6:00pm. The event will begin at 6:30pm.