What we’re about
Startup Founder 101 brings together aspiring and experienced tech entrepreneurs to discuss, meet, and collaborate to build great new startups, and to push the local startup ecosystem forward.<br><br>This group hosts numerous free events throughout the year where you can learn the best practices of starting a company from people who have been there and done that. You’ll have the opportunity to meet local founders and investors, exchange ideas with experts, get feedback on your idea, participate in startup workshops, and more.<br><br>Typical startup event topics include:<br>• Coming up with a strong startup idea<br>• Startup legal basics<br>• How to pitch your startup<br>• Starting a company without quitting your day job<br>• How to raise funding for your startup<br>• And much more!<br><br>Join the group to be invited to our next event!
Upcoming events (1)See all
- Startup Fundraising Q&A: Meet Investors from the FI Venture NetworkLink visible for attendees
Do you want to ask startup investors questions about fundraising in a judgment-free environment? Are you looking to raise funding in the future, and want to learn what investors look for, how they evaluate potential investments, and more? Then join us for this interactive, online fundraising Q&A event, featuring VCs and investors from the 'FI Venture Network'. Don't miss this opportunity to expand your network and ask in-depth questions.
❯ What You'll Learn
- The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding
- How to make yourself more attractive to investors
- How to meet and work with different sources of capital, such as friends and family, angel investors, venture capitalists, government grants, loans, and more
- Ayhan Isaacs - Head of Global Growth at Founder Institute: Ayhan is an alumnus of FI Toronto, and co-leads the UAE- GCC FI chapter.
❯ Featured Experts:
- Darryl Bandoro- Venture Investor at VC Investor: Darryl Bandoro is a VC, seasoned angel investor and startup advisor with years of experience in co-founding successful fintech and SaaS startups.
- John Colgan - Venture Investor at VC Investor: John Colgan is a generalist investor who invests in public and private markets with a focus on technology. In addition to investing, he advises early-stage companies with focuses ranging from generative AI software development to pet food formulated with invasive species.
- Mimi Park - Deal Partner at Ganas Ventures: Mimi Park is a Deal Partner at Ganas Ventures. She is also the founder of Instamommies, an on-demand platform focusing on the needs of parents.
Any questions can be asked by the audience!
About the FI Venture Network
The FI Venture Network is an exclusive network of investors actively funding pre-seed and seed-stage startups before anyone else. Learn more by visiting the FI Venture Network page.
❯❯ This is a live, interactive online event, so be sure to RSVP at https://fi.co/startupwebinar/16881 to receive the Zoom URL to join us live!