addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Ottawa Women's Leadership Network Message Board › Workplace Harassment Discussion/Speaker - Wednesday, Oct 18, 5:30pm

Workplace Harassment Discussion/Speaker - Wednesday, Oct 18, 5:30pm

Colette K.
user 196814059
Group Organizer
Ottawa, ON
As I have been reading the news in horror this week about the systematic abuse and harassment that some of the most famous women in Hollywood have faced, I am even more honoured that our guest speaker will share her story with the OWLN next week on Wednesday Oct 18, 5:30pm.  Gina Smith is one of the strongest, smartest, and (quite literally) rock-star cool women I know. She is opening herself up to share her story next week.

Unfortunately, workplace harassment is not (yet!) uncommon. About 1 in 5 federal public service employees reported facing some form of harassment in the 2017 PSES survey.

Just last week, a new colleague shared with me a harassment story that she is still coping with years later. For myself, after facing a variety of situations as a manager, colleague and employee, I still struggle with this complex and difficult topic.

I believe that women who lead are the ones that will make a difference. And we can only do that if we have the tools, networks and shared knowledge to do so.

I hope to see you there. Let's do our part, together.

https://www.meetup.co...­