addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Ottawa Women's Leadership Network Message Board › Women Rising - How to Accelerate your Growth and Happiness

Women Rising - How to Accelerate your Growth and Happiness

Colette K.
user 196814059
Group Organizer
Ottawa, ON
If you are feeling “too busy” to make it out this Wednesday, this speaker is especially for you!

For hard working women who are balancing work, children, ageing parents, community involvement - the idea of finding a coach and going to women’s networks might sound like more work. Here are a few things we tell ourselves:

• Life is stressful, but it’s normal.
  • Once I get through this (job, time, relation, age of child), I’ll be happier.
  • All the women I know are going through the same thing.
  • I don’t have time for a coach or meetings (in the evening, morning, or daytime).
  • I’ve been successful so far, it’s other people that need help.
  • It’s sounds too expensive to get a coach.

I’ve told myself all of these things and others. But let's face it, these are excuses and avoidance tactics we use to deny looking at the root cause of our issues for fear of change or hard choices.

Alexandra Salamis has extensive experience in public and private sector and has recently developed a new program just for women. Her facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/integralleadershipdesign/­ and she also runs the group is Purpose, Passion and Presence for Women Rising.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/163524664248746/?ref=group_header­

Come out for a break from the pre-holiday madness. Put yourself on your “to do” list this week. You’ll be glad you did.