The Azure SQL Data Warehouse is the industry’s first elastic scale, relational SQL data warehouse. Azure SQL DW offers elastic performance and scale to 1+ PB, market leading price/performance, and true SQL experience across structured and unstructured data. This session will discuss and inform you about What is Azure SQL Data Warehouse? How and why you could use it?
• Pay for what you need, when you need it
• Query across both relational and non-relational data
• Grow, shrink, or pause compute resources
• Massively parallel processing and columnstore indexes for breakthrough performance
• Works seamlessly with Power BI, Machine Learning, HDInsight, and Data Factory
Speaker: Stéphane Fréchette
Bio: SQL Server MVP, Stéphane Fréchette is a Data & Business Intelligence Solutions Architect who is passionate about architecting, designing and building solutions that matter. Specialized in SQL Server, Microsoft Business Intelligence, Analytics , Data Visualization, Big Data and the Cloud, he also works and his fluent with several other database platforms; MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Neo4j, MongoDB and other NoSQL type databases. Stéphane leads the Ottawa SQL Server User Group (PASS Chapter).
Twitter: @sfrechette (https://twitter.com/sfrechette)
Blog: http://stephanefrechette.com (http://stephanefrechette.com/)