Lead: Greg Foy
What: Introductory Workshop
Max number of participants: 4
This clinic is free.
Details: The Introductory Workshop is for individuals who would like to explore the canyoning experience. The workshop will cover:
1) How to use a basic rappel device.
2) Rappel practice on a dry practice rock slab.
3) Decent of Lower Angel Creek including four waterfalls rappels (a 35 foot, a 20 foot and a 55 foot, and 15 foot rappel).
Participants will need:
1) Wear your "play clothes". Low top hiking shoes, trail shoes or sneakers work best. Unless you have bad ankles stay away from heavy hiking boots. Shoes must enclose your foot the entire way around. No see-through netting, amphibian shoes, Chaco's, Tevas, Keens, etc. No sandals or watershoes. Please make sure you have the proper foortwear or you will not be able to attend the workshop.
2) A wetsuit. Wetsuits can be rented from Ouray Mountain Sport. Wear a bathing suit. We will change into our wetsuit in public.
3) If you have a climbing harness and helmet bring them. Otherwise we will provide them.