Near Fashion Square Mall, Scottsdale, AZ
Devon is going to teach people how to sew. Some basic supplies (thread, measuring tapes, scrap fabric, etc.) will be provided. Please bring your own sewing machine if you can. If you would like to attend, but do not have a machine please post on the event or message us.
Each month we will work on a different project or technique. More details to come... Please bring the following:
This month we will be making Christmas stockings.
- 1/2 yard woven fabric of your choosing. Cotton, flannel, and wool work well for this.
- 1/2 yard cotton to line the stocking
- 1/2 flannel or 100% cotton batting
- 1/4 yard of contrasting fabric or faux fur.
- Any embellishments you want to add (buttons, ribbon, embroidery floss to add a name, etc).
- Basic notions (scissors, measuring tape, etc). We will also be working on a bonus project if we have time. I will be teaching you how to add pockets to *most* garments. Be reasonable, please. Most dresses, pants, and skirts can have pockets added to them, but please avoid anything skin tight or spandex. If you would like to add pockets to something, please bring a garment of your choosing, and 1/4 yard of cotton fabric. I recommend getting a fabric that either matches very well in color, or contrasts nicely (for example, using a red cotton to make pockets for a black dress would be cool).
***Unfortunately sewing takes up quite a bit of space. Our apartment is not very large and we have limited table space, so that is why the attendee limit has been kept so low. If you are unable to attend please update your RSVP as soon as possible to allow someone on the waitlist to attend.***
Hi I'm a creative Jr. High teacher looking to meet new people and try new things!