What we're about
Have you ever been on a date where the person you're out to dinner with is more concerned about the lighting for their #TacoTuesday Instagram and less interested in engaging conversation? How about going on a hike with someone that is Snapchatting every five minutes for their Story instead of enjoying the peace and beauty of nature? Is this frustrating to you? It is for us. That is why we started this group. This group is for 20 - 30 year old professionals that recognize the most important thing in life: uninterrupted human connection. In 2017 everyone is attached to cell phones, so how do you maintain connections? Simple. Remove phones from the equation.
So what are we going to do? What spontaneous, outgoing, adventurous, young professional do - just without phones:
- Day hikes & day drinking: activities at opposite ends of the health spectrum, doesn't matter - we don't discriminate in this group.
- Weekend camping trips: spend a night in a tent with someone and you'll get REAL close real quick...literally
- Rockies games (in the $5 rockpile of course)
- Happy hours. On rooftops. Ground-level happy hours highly discouraged.
- Pool parties. This is the only event where Coronas are allowed, and for good reason.
- Rock climbing. We may be stuck on V3's but that won't stop us from trying.
- Music festivals. The weirder the better. Red rocks isn't the only music venue in this town
- Pickup sports: Everywhere from "let's run around for a sec and then grab four beers" to "I'm drenched in sweat and want to kill you" competition levels.
- Rafting excursions: both the intense kind and the "let's just float down a river and drink some beers" kind
- Fly-fishing trips: If you know what you're doing, reach out to us. We don't know what we're doing.
- Mile high bar golf (if you don't know what this is you will)
At the beginning of each event you will be asked to give up your phone where it will be securely stored and given back to you at the conclusion of the event. We are not reinventing the wheel here - just changing its shape. On a more serious note, we are also very interested in reflection, appreciation, and "living in the moment." Life is too short to let days, weeks, months, or years pass you by. Therefore, we will actively promote self-reflection moments throughout these activities to help keep us grounded, thankful, and appreciative as we live life to the fullest.