addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Oxford On Board Message Board › Gamescafé

Gamescafé

Jacco
JoaG
Crewe, GB
Hello Boarders,

A new year, and new plans for Oxford On Board. As some of you will know, I have been thinking about setting up weekend events for Oxford On Board. But a good location is hard to find, and it takes a lot of additional organising. So, in coördination with Wakefield Carter, organiser of the Gamescafé, there is now an alternative option.

Starting with the first Gamescafé of this year, Oxford On Board members will have the chance to RSVP on the site for this event. What's more, the Gamescafé will be changing it's frequency of once every other month to a montly event. And that's not all: Oxford On Board regulars get to go for free!

For those of you who don't know it: the Gamescafé is held in the Magic Café, 110 Magdalen Road, OX4 1RQ, Oxford. It runs from 11.00 - 18.30 hrs (approximately) on Sundays. Thus far I have been announcing the Gamescafé dates on the calendar only. Attendance costs £3.00 per person. Coffee and tea are included, and people often bring some sort of foodstuff to share (anything from donuts and crisps to homemade cakes).

The first Gamescafé of this year is on 22 January, and I will be setting up a Meetup today so people can RSVP for it. RSVPs will close on the Saturday 21 January at 17.00 hrs, so be sure you get your RSVP in on time!

Looking forward to seeing even more of you there!

All the best,

Jack

Jacco
JoaG
Crewe, GB
Post #: 137
Regulars, semi-regulars and the rest

Okay, so I sat down, looked at people's attendence rates, looked at the actual money that has come in over the past year, made comparisons, did some sums, and came to some conclusions.

As I stated in the above post, Oxford On Board regulars pay no attendance fee for the Gamescafé. So what constitutes a regular? I've decided that a regular will be anybody with a 75% or higher attendance rate, measured over the last six months. This will be registered as a running total, and will be recalculated at the start of each month for the purposes of that month's Gamescafé.

In addition to that, I've decided to allow for people who come slightly less regular to still have some benefits. So, everybody with a 50 - 74% attendance rate, will be considered 'semi-regular', and will get attendance at the Gamescafé for half the price.

Everybody with a below 50% attendance rating who wants to attend the Gamescafé will simply pay the full price.

If you want to know your current rating, or are simply wondering which category you fall in, ask and I will tell you. smile
Terry O.
user 12113117
Oxford, GB
Post #: 23
I love your number crunching! smile
A former member
Post #: 1
I will come at 2 p.m. Ora (don't know why the web page does not give me a RSVP for this event)
Nick S.
user 14589214
Oxford, GB
Post #: 1
Is it possible to announce the Magic gameday event a bit sooner (a few weeks in advance) so that other things (gaming related or not) may be organised around it?

thanks,
Nick
Jacco
JoaG
Crewe, GB
Post #: 151
I add it to the events as soon as the organiser sets up a new one and informs us all. So far, no news for March.
Jacco
JoaG
Crewe, GB
Post #: 153
Now added March and April, as soon as I got the announcement myself. Don't say I never do anything for you. biggrin
Nick S.
user 14589214
Oxford, GB
Post #: 2
Thanks.
Seph
user 5435630
Oxford, GB
Post #: 3
Is there going to be a signup here for gamescafe as usual? I think it's this Sunday.
Antti K.
user 24948252
Turku, FI
Post #: 16
I think the admins just forgot to add it (once again). Yes it is this Sunday. You can also sign up on it in the GamesCafe facebook page, or just show up.