Join us for the kick-off of PANMA’s 2010 event schedule with a look at what it takes to develop mobile apps for the iPhone, Android, Blackberry and more (as well as a brief look at designing & optimizing regular web sites for the next generation of mobile browsers). You’ll learn about the latest mobile development technologies, such as Objective-C and HTML5, and tools like GameSalad, PhoneGap and Titanium Mobile that help you build mobile apps quickly. We’ll also walk you through building a simple app from start to finish.
• An overview of the current mobile landscape,
• Many of the platforms for mobile development,
• What technologies to focus on in getting started,
• What upcoming technologies to be aware of, including:
• Flash CS5’s iPhone Packager, and
• Development for Apple’s Tablet (if it’s announced)
• And, how to get your application in the hands of your customers.
• Chris Morrell, from the Philly New Media Hub, will present Mobile App Development from a Web Developer’s perspective
• Joe Kaufman, from Fire Maple Games, will present A Developer’s Journey: Launching a Game on the Apple App Store from Concept to Submission in 7 Days
• Date: Tuesday, Feb 23, 2010
• Time: Doors: 5:30pm / Event Starts at: 6:00 - 8:30pm
• Cost: FREE
• Location: University City Science Center, 3711 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA[masked] - 8th Floor
• Chris Morrell, Featured Speaker
• Chris is the head of technology for the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors and runs the Philly New Media Hub. Chris has developed several iPhone web apps and is in the process of launching a native iPhone app on the App Store.
• Joe Kaufman, Fire Maple Games