This Meetup was canceled.
About This Class:
Stress has been called the health epidemic of the 21st century. It is linked to the six leading causes of death. Stress management is key to our total well-being, quality of life, and longevity.
Stress is a natural and inevitable part of life. However, if we are not resilient, then chronic stress (distress) can take a toll on our health and effectiveness as a leader, partner, or parent. Stress does not just affect us as individuals, but also it impacts our family, friends, and colleagues.
Everyone has different levels of stress and ways he or she manages it. Learning how to be resilient and deal effectively with stress helps us become more productive, happy, healthy, and in control of potentially stressful situations.
• Identify common internal and external symptoms and causes of stress.
• Identify personal role and responsibility in stress creation and reduction.
• Learn strategies to manage life stresses in the workplace and at home.
• Learn how to deal effectively with stress related challenges in order to become more effective, happier, healthier versions of ourselves.
• Individualized Action Plan for managing stress.
• feeling stressed, overwhelmed, anxious, worried, irritable, and/or agitated?-
• having trouble sleeping and concentrating?
• experiencing clouded judgment and making poor decisions?
• struggling with the demands at work and in life?
• experiencing body aches and pains and getting sick more frequently?
If any of this sounds familiar, then this class is for you!
• Please bring a pen and paper/notebook or laptop for class exercises and note-taking.
Naz Beheshti is an Executive Wellness Coach and CEO & Founder of Prananaz, providing customized high touch, high tech corporate wellness solutions. Naz draws from first hand experience working closely with the most innovative business leader of our time, Steve Jobs. Steve was Naz' mentor and greatest inspiration, and had a profound impact on her belief that health is the ultimate wealth. Mindful choices toward a healthy lifestyle lead to happiness and success.
She leads workshops and retreats and has delivered wellness programs for leading organizations such as Nike, JPMorgan Chase, Hillary’s Campaign, General Assembly, Columbia University, and the Omega Institute. Prior to starting Prananaz, she spent over a decade working for Fortune 500 companies (Apple, Yahoo, AstraZeneca) and a technology startup (acquired by Hitachi).
Naz is a speaker and author of the upcoming book ‘The Jobs Inter-View: Become the CEO of Your Life and Well-Being – How working with Steve Jobs at Apple, hitting the free vending machines at Yahoo!, and three days with the Dalai Lama led to new insights into personal and corporate wellness'.
Naz holds a BA in Psychology from the University of California, Santa Cruz. She is a Certified Holistic Health Coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City. Naz is a Certified Yoga Instructor and lifelong practitioner. She is a Certified NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Practitioner. Naz is initiated and practices TM (Transcendental Meditation) daily. For more information please visit http://www.prananaz.com