What we're about
This group is for single people in their 30’s & 40's looking for friends and/or a healthier way to date. It’s difficult to create good friendships and really get to know people when you’re single and in your 30’s & 40's, especially if you’re new to town or work from home. We hope to create fun, easy going events that help facilitate making friends and getting to know each other better. This isn’t a dating group per se (though relationships happen;) it’s for people who are genuinely trying to make real life connections.
We have game nights, trivia nights, holiday parties, BBQ’s, weekend brunches, lunches, happy hours, and dinners, float trips, picnics, festivals and special events, volunteer events, and short hikes and outings. We try to make the activities not very strenuous so we can actually chat and get to know each other.
Housekeeping Notes: We’re trying to create a tight-knit group of people who actually attend the events.
- Please only RSVP to events you are 100% sure you will attend. If you’re not 100% sure you are going, just interested, please select the star button at the top of the event page to favorite an event. You’ll get event reminders for your favorited events and it won’t throw off the RSVP count. If you do decide to attend then please RSVP.
- If you no show to events you will be removed from the group.
- If you haven’t attended in awhile then you may be removed from the group.
- If you will be late to an event please message the event host. Some events you cannot be late for.
- Some events require you to provide your own equipment and supplies (like camping and floating.) You must have the basic listed items to attend and the group does not provide them. So please do not RSVP or attend if you do not have your own supplies.
- Most events you can bring adult guests to. If you wish to bring a pet, a child or someone under 21 please ask the event host.
- To help pay the group’s subscription fee I ask for a $2-3 donation for each event you attend. You can contribute on meetup or pay me at the event.
If you are on either side of your 30’s & 40's (mature, over 28 or youthful, under 52) then you are welcome to join. The age limits are just to keep everyone in a relatable life stage.
Harassment and Phishing:
Harassment, phishing, or spamming our members will not be tolerated and you will be removed from the group. That also includes messaging multiple members in an attempt to score a date/hook up. That is phishing and is grounds for removal. If you are a member and feel like another member is harassing you via direct messaging or in person at our events please notify me immediately. We also have a zero tolerance policy for poor behavior at our events or on the online platform. This includes being too forward in asking people out and making them feel uncomfortable. If you ask someone out they do not give you an enthusiastic "yes" then move on and do not ask them out again. Any member that is rude to other members or venue staff will be banned from the group. Thank you!!!