Well with the Lower Macleay trailhead still closed, with no re-open date in sight, I'm changing the route from here on out. We'll now get on the Wildwood a different way, run past Wild Cherry, past Dogwood, and turn around at the NW 53rd Ave trailhead and head back. So, from the Lower Macleay meet up location, we'll:
• Head up the stairs and cross Thurman bridge
• Pass NW 34th Ave then left up the stairs at the pink mailbox
• Head up Aspen Trail to Wildwood
• Right up Wildwood
• Continue on Wildwood past Wild Cherry and Dogwood
• Turn around at 53rd Ave Trailhead and head back
Here is a map:
We meet under the pavilion at the start of the Lower Macleay trail (next to the turnaround point at the end of Upshur).
There's a range of speeds, and the group usually splits naturally based on pace. We're beginner to intermediate level mostly, so don't worry, you'll be fine :)
We usually get coffee at the Clearing Cafe afterward, just down the street. See you there!