[Please forgive the lack of a "proper" page - I've recently moved and don't yet have broadband, so I'm limited to the few minutes a day I can scavenge at work and/or my smartphone. I promise to have this page spruced up once I have decent connectivity!]
This group will be playing through Tib's Introductory & Expansion Scenarios, a set of 10 thematic scenarios that introduce both the game and the expansions in a progressively complex manner that ends in #10 with an all-expansion blowout against Azathoth.
Full details can be found here (http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/69008/introductory-and-expansion-scenarios). Please note that while parts of different expansions may be at play in any particular scenario, Injury and Madness, Epic Battle, Personal Stories, and Relationship cards are used in all scenarios.
We will be playing these scenarios campaign style:
• Players will pick their investigators from a limited pool. At the end of the game, players may choose to reserve their investigator for a subsequent scenario, and carry over one (1) common item, one (1) skill, and one (1) injury or madness from their final inventory, plus any passes, memberships, etc. All other cards and bonuses are reset. Please note that the common item replaces one of the "random" starting items the investigator would normally receive on his or her next scenario.
• A played investigator is set aside from future scenarios unless activated once again by the player.
• Devoured investigators are removed permanently from the game for the entire series.
• I am currently looking into ways to carry over Personal Story and possibly Relationship cards from scenario to scenario for those players who choose to continue with a specific investigator.
• I am also open to any other suggestions to creating "continuity" between scenarios.
*** ***** ***
Chapter 1: Cool Air
The year is 1926 an it is the height of the Roaring Twenties. Flappers dance til dawn in smoke-filled speakeasies drinking alcohol supplied by rum runners and the mob. It's a celebration to end all celebrations in the aftermath of the War to end all Wars.
Yet a dark shadow grows in the city of Arkham. Alien entities known as Ancient Ones lurk in the emptiness beyond space and time, writhing at the gates between worlds. These gates have begun to open and must be closed before the Ancient Ones make our world their ruined dominion.
Only a handful of investigators stand against the Arkham Horror. Will they prevail?
This scenario requires Arkham Horror, and uses some components from Curse of the Dark Pharaoh.