addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Philly Loves Boardgames! Message Board › Android: Netrunner

Android: Netrunner

A former member
Post #: 6
Hey, if you like games like Magic: The Gathering, please consider picking up a copy of Android: Netrunner (from Redcap's, of course). It's really pretty awesome and doesn't have the ridiculous cost structure of Magic so it's accessible even if you don't have a ton of cash -- like $50 or so gets you the base set and the latest expansion. If we get enough interest I'd like to create regular Netrunner meetups to play because 1v1 games don't seem to mesh well with the regular meetups, which tend to be more social. After all, trash talk is 4x as fun with 4 opponents!

Redcap will most likely host regional tournaments and leagues, so we should get awesome and crush the competition =0) it'd be fun to help each other out with deck building and strategy, I think. I don't think I'm going to host Netrunner nights until March or so, but I figured I'll get the ball rolling and gauge/build interest. Peace!

p.s. if you're interested in trying the game out, post in the comments section of a meetup and I or someone else will bring it and teach you. It took a few games to get me hooked but I'm definitely in.
Corey W.
user 75456442
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 1
I'm new to this meetup but I'm a HUGE fan of this game! The game mechanics are clean and complex, the world is robust and interesting. The play itself encourages headgames and weds really well with the fluff. You really feel like a hacker and/or evil corporation ;) Plus, OP mentioned, the "Living Card Game" cost structure means that you aren't dumping a boatload of money into a CCG. Everyone has access to the same cards every month, so deck strength isn't determined by rarity or $$$.

So far FFG has released the Core Set and two small expansions (data packs), but if Redcaps is planning to host Regionals now's a great time to get involved in a game with an ever shifting meta. I'll keep an eye out here for players here and I'll also bring my set to meetups when I can make it out. Hit me up on here if you want a demo I'll be happy to oblige.

Alright, this post sounds like I work for FFG or something haha. Honestly I just love this game and would love to see a Philly meta develop :)
Delen
user 8354736
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 5
I'd be up for starting a netrunner group.