The training is focused on individual physical/mental conditioning required for developing immediate and explosive self-protection skills, as well as to progress and master the Pekiti-Tirsia Kali combat system. Our training will cover;
• Body and striking mechanics.
• Footwork strategy.
• Dynamic solo and partner drills.
• Sparring (distance, technical, and full-contact).
• Explosive self-defense with EDC (Everyday Carry) items and empty-hands, versus single and multiple opponents.
Level: All Levels.
Fee: $30/walk-in (see instructor for monthly training rates).
• 1 pair of rattan sticks of about 28" in length, 7/8" to 1" in diameter.
• 1 pair of rubber training knives.
• Eye protection or sport goggles.
• lacrosse or hockey gloves.
• 3-weapon saber fencing mask.
Pekiti-Tirsia Kali is a complete combat system and encompasses the following weapons categories:
• Single sword/stick.
• Single knife.
• Double sword/stick.
• Double knife.
• Empty-hands combatives (pangamut, dumog, sikaran).
• Spear/staff (malayu sibat).
• Specialized weapons (karambit, flexible weapons, etc.)
• EDC or use of everyday items such as flashlights, mobile devices, keys, etc. for personal defense.