Today is the last day to prepay for Conserve and Conquer III to take advantage of the discounted rate and also to prepay for paint so you can get out and play sooner! We highly encourage you to do this so we can all get out and playing ASAP and maximize your paintball dollars! Many of you have prepaid already (thank you) if you can't prepay please bring cash on the day of the event.
I'm going to transmit funds received so far to Giant before close of business today so if you haven't transmitted please do so no later than 3pm today Friday 9/27.
If you need my direct paypal payment address it is [masked] and don't be surprised if the receipt comes from paintball-grenades.com which is another project I have going.
Limited Paint Games:
50 balls per match only.
Let your accuracy do the talking! This has been a successful format that allows for constant movement and tactics every game. We had huge turnouts from our C&C 1 and C&C 2 events. Our group honor system has worked in ensuring fairness. Our members adhered to the limited ammo rule. Refs and our organizers are also keeping a watchful eye but nobody has had to be ejected yet for cheating and we hope to keep it that way!
Prepay to save and to get your wristband ASAP!
Prepay via PayPal to save $5 on every entry and to get a free raffle ticket. (Raffle prizes include T-shirts, neck protectors, paint, and some other surprises). Must be present to win raffle prizes. When you prepay - if your paypal account name is different then your meetup member name please drop me a note in the paypal transaction or shoot me an email to let me know (brian k).
You MUST be on time if you want us to get your wristbands etc. and to get you out playing on the field as soon as possible. We will have pre-printed wrist bands ready for those that prepay and we won't make folks that prepaid and arrived early from playing on time in order to wait for those that did not. You can join the next game when everyone comes back off the field. It's just not fair to those that come early and prepaid to get the most out of their day. If you are late and miss registration you can still pay in the pro shop if you say you are here for Tin Man's private group "Conserve and Conquer" but you will have to wait in line with everyone else etc.
Prepaid Entry + All day air via PayPal plus one free raffle ticket = $25
Cash Price on the day of the event = $30
Single Raffle tickets = $1 cash the day of the event
RENTALS - $35 rental package includes Entry, All Day Air, + Gun, hopper, air tank, goggles/face mask/ammo belt with two pods for paint.
Upgrade to discounted vest + pod pack rental at $5 instead of $10.
NOTE: If you are a Hollywood Sports Member then there is no cost to you for entry. You come and sign in as you would normally and get your own wristband and air. You CAN take advantage or our paint pricing and buy with us to save some money. You can also buy raffle tickets and we encourage you to do so to support our group.
HSP is FIELD PAINT ONLY. NO OUTSIDE PAINT ALLOWED AT HOLLYWOOD SPORTS PARK.
The good news is, we will purchase SC paint at my CHEAP sponsored rates:
*A case of 1600 yellow SC Hardcore paintballs for $30 + tax (mid-grade paint that's designed for most markers and works in mag fed guns also)
*A case of 2000 silver SC Evil paintballs for $40 + tax (premium tournament paint with brittle shells designed for higher end electric markers)
We recommend that perhaps you get together with others to share cases of paint and split the costs.
I'm also willing to buy some at these rates to sell by the bag as well (let me know what you want so I can get an idea of the interest and also the amount to buy in advance so we can get out playing sooner):
$30 + tax at 9% ($32.70) for Giant Mid Grade Yellow case of 1600 (4 bags of 400) $10 a bag for 400
$40 + tax at 9% ($43.60) for Evil Silver case of 2000 (4 bags of 500) $14 a bag for 500
Let me know if you want to prepay for paint and we'll get that secured with Giant the day before (I know there was an issue at our last event and we've taken steps to correct that).
Be at the park AT or BEFORE 9am (especially if you are paying the day of the event or need rental equipment).
Hoppers and Pods and Paint Handling:
We recommend you try to bring your own 50 round hopper if you have one or are able to buy one. If you don't know where there is a local shop in your area then let us know and we can help you find one. Call them and see if they have 50 round hoppers available. I have a limited number available for rent/sale. They vary in price from $5 to $8 depending. We're not trying to make anything on them just cover our costs and buy more so we continue to have them available for these games.
Some Examples of 50 round hoppers
This is the Gen X Global available from many shops and also online retailers for about $5
This is the Allen Paintball APP Hopper also available at many shops and also online and through Allen Paintball directly.
This is an older style (this one is brass eagle) but there were many manufacturers and can still be found online. They are inexpensive and the shape actually comes from a one quart oil container. We used to make these ourselves before hoppers were widely available so if your industrious you may want to try to make one yourself. It can be fun and tie you a bit to paintball history.
This is the Winchester hopper. These came with actually some very inexpensive guns a long time ago that never really took off but it is one of THE most popular 50 round hoppers out there for pump players so if you can find one on ebay or something it is definitely worthwhile to try to pick one up!
All of these hoppers can benefit from some mods. Some as simple as sanding the feedneck of the hopper to fit or feed better. Others include adding flip open lids from other pods or hoppers or speed feeds.
Since our games are limited paint per round...we recommend you bring a paintball hauler or a spare pod out on to the field to leave on the side line (we often leave them just with a ref) so you can refill between rounds. Because we don't need to refill as often on air, we end up being able to play some fields back to back to back so being able to reload is very nice. Here is an example of one and they are also great for filling pods as well. For $20 it's one of the best paintball investments you will make...I have two...I actually like the Valken brand one over the one in this pic:
Some things to know about Hollywood Sports.
1) This is a nice facility with real bathrooms (not porta-potties) with working sinks.
2) They sell drinks like gatorade and soda. We would recommend water and gatorade to replace fluids and salt lost playing. They also have a grill and sell food like hamburgers and hotdogs and the prices are reasonable. There is also a pretty good taco place across the street.
3) Field Chrono limit is 275 fps or below if you want to tune your personal marker before coming.
Things you may want to bring.
1) A lock for a one of the lockers in this picnic area to protect your valuables while playing as the parking lot is not easily accessible once in the park.
2) Water to keep hydrated. We recommend you start drinking water the night before and at least an hour before playing.
3) Food if you don't want to buy food at the field. HSP has a sports grill and there is a taco place across the street that's pretty good.
What to do when you get to the field.
1) Park and come in to the field and walk around behind the spaceship you see in the pictures below and the picnic area is in the back there to the left past the chrono station. Grab a locker (bring your own lock or you can buy at the field but they are cheaper at Home Depot etc)
2) Fill out a liability waiver to include your name (first/last) birthdate etc and turn in to me. Nobody gets a wristband without a completed waiver. If you have a membership at HSP then you don't need to fill one out. Otherwise, you do. When in doubt...fill one out! Encourage others to do the same. You can find more info and directions to the park at http://www.hollywoodsports.com/
3) If you're self equipped we ask that you go get your gun chrono'd and that you help others that may need to do the same. We're usually willing to share some air and cheapo paint to help folks get through Chrono and while we're working out getting folks field paint and rentals.
4) If you need rental equipment we ask that you come early and have cash to pay for rental equipment as it goes a LOT faster. We also have some loaner equipment within the group in limited quantities.
This is a pic of where we usually meet.
If you have any questions please direct to myself or Tin Man regarding payments. Else, you can ask general questions in this meetups page and any organizer or other members can assist you. There are no refunds for prepay as we advance those payments to Giant directly in order to have wristbands, refs, and other resources reserved for our group.
We look forward to being shot at by you!
(Note: our banner is below which we will have up as well)