389 Palm Coast Parkway SW
Ste 3 & 4
Palm Coast, FL
IFTTT is a free web-based service that allows users to create chains of simple conditional statements, called “recipes”, which are triggered based on changes to other web services such as Gmail, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. IFTTT is an abbreviation of “If This Then That”.
IFTTT has been featured in Forbes, Time, Wired, and The New York Times. Mark Woods has been using the service almost since inception in 2011 and is eager to share his knowledge. It is his gift to you.
The building blocks of IFTTT are:
• Channels (where information flows)
• Triggers (the “this” part of a recipe)
• Actions (the “that” part of a recipe)
• Ingredients (what you put into the recipe i.e. data)
• Recipes (the combination of your triggers, actions, and ingredients)
Besides social media automation (covered in a different class), IFTTT can be used to help you accomplish your tasks, manage your calendar, track your mileage, remind you about missed phone calls, and even let you know when the filter on your washing machine needs to be cleaned.
There are currently over 275 connectable channels and tens of thousands of user-created recipes within IFTTT
In this class you will learn to:
• Browse through existing recipes
• Create your own recipes from scratch
• “Taste test” your creations
• Publish your recipes for others to use
When: Saturday,January 14th
Location: 389 Palm Coast Pkwy, SW 4
Questions: Call[masked] (9am to 5pm M-F)
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.