I moved to Palmer from Barrow more than three years ago (in 2011). At the same time, I married and retired. I haven't been able to connect with girlfriends. If you're laid back (read...not into sports activities too much), like tame get togethers, like to spend time with other pleasant gals, perhaps you're a homebody like me, maybe even retired, and long for the company of another gal friend, then this meetup could be for you. We can do whatever our little heart desires. Some ideas are lunch, or coffee/tea, a movie, the theatre, a leisurely walk, or ???? If you can knit or crochet maybe you can show us how at one of our meet ups. Do you can your own food? Perhaps you can let us gaggle with you in the kitchen while you show us your craft? The possibilities are endless! Let's meet up!
(As an addendum, some months ago I had to make a difficult decision and put parameters on membership. We had well over 100 gals who joined, but only about 10% were attending and the remaining 90% were not even looking at the Meetup page; yet, I was having to pay a fee twice a year for the non-active members. It was getting pricey. So the standing rule is if you are IN-active for more than four months, your membership can be cancelled but with the caveat that at anytime, should you find that your schedule allows you to be active, you can rejoin the group and, in fact, we encourage you to come back. We do, of course, make exceptions for extended vacations, illnesses, deployment and such. Just message me so I know.)