Second PWL Kyiv meetup this year!
‣ The time: Friday, 27th of July, 6.30 p.m.
‣ The place: Щастя Хаб (Kyiv, Pankivska st. 14А)
‣ The first talk: Paxos, Raft, and PBFT by Ruslan Shevchenko (~ 40 min)
‣ The second talk: CRDTs and their application to JSON by Max Klymyshyn (~30 min)
‣ Paxos, Raft, and PBFT by Ruslan Shevchenko
• https://lamport.azurewebsites.net/pubs/paxos-simple.pdf and many others
• Ruslan will give a talk on the history of Paxos, how it is related to Raft and what similarities it bears to the solution of Practical Byzantine Fault Tolerance.
• Bio: Ruslan worked as a researcher in Institue of Software Systems, then founded an Internet Provider (NBI), and a software development company (GradSoft). After that, he worked in various projects in telecom and advertising industry. He is also a founder of .UA Scala user group, has over 10 publications in peer-reviewed journals, an active dou.ua columnist.
‣ CRDTs and their application to JSON by Max Klymyshyn
• Max will guide you through the history of CRDTs, why JSON is different from others from this perspective, and how to use it in distributed systems so that no input will be lost.
• Bio: Max is a full-stack software engineer for Clojure/Python based projects with 15+ years experience that covers both programming and team leadership. Max is interested in distributed systems, data replication and consistency algorithms, information science and functional PLs.