• What we'll do
1. A brief pitch for parsers, and their usage. We'll consider parsers outside of compilers, and programming language implementations i.e. parsers in everyday programming.
2. A dive into the approach suggested by the paper.
3. Implementation details, and comparing approaches in Haskell and Ruby. Chosen for their vastly different approach towards type systems and style of programming.
• What to bring
1. Your favourite note taking medium.
2. An open mind.
• Important to know
1. There won't be any hands-on exercises, or working through the paper.
Paper link: http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~pszgmh/parsing.pdf