You will learn, test and try using a demonstration on how to quickly connect an Electro Cardiogram that generates events to a Predictive Analytics engine using the services of Bluemix and IBM's Business Analytic tooling.
• Introduction: The Path to New Value with IBM Big Data & Analytics
• The Big Data Market, Illustrated Use Cases and the future of Big Data & Analytics with Watson Analytics
• Internet of Things & Wearable Connected Devices landscape
• Datamine your body in the Cloud
- Demonstration: Avert Critical Health Conditions Real-time streaming data combining the Internet of things with a connected device streaming data via a smart phone to the cloud to store data and perform analytical operations.
- Technical breakdown
• Introduction to Bluemix
• Hands on Labs
- Introduction to the lab environment
- Lab 1: Using the Analytics for Hadoop Bluemix service to load and transform your data
- Lab 2: Building an Internet of Things application to collect data from a simulated device
• Predictive analytics with SPSS Modeler v17
- Lab 3: Create a Model to Predict Heart Failure with SPSS and deploy it using the predictive modelling service on Bluemix
Please check them to be productive!
• A reasonably-powered laptop with at least 4GB RAM with Wifi enabled
• A Bluemix account. Get a new account here (https://ibm.biz/sitebluemix)
• An OpenVPN (https://openvpn.net/) client. Download here (https://openvpn.net/)
• A Microsoft Remode Desktop client. Download here (https://technet.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/dn473009.aspx)
Hosts: Benoit Barranco, Technical Leader Big Data & Analytics at the IBM Innovation Center Europe & Catherine Ezvan, Senior Certified Consulting IT Specialist - Cloud Software Technical Sales Client Technical Specialist
If you'd like to know more about Bluemix, you can join the Paris Bluemix meetup (http://www.meetup.com/fr/IBM-Bluemix-Paris-Meetup/).
More info at http://www.dotscale.io/workshops#ibm
Registration to dotScale 2015 (http://dotscale.io) is not required to attend the workshop