Located in the Epicurean Room at Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School, this new Rainbow Community Meal Site is a collaboration of BayPath Elder Services and the school's Culinary Arts department. This cozy and fully functional cafe has its own busy, working kitchen and its own entrance, and ALL are welcome to join us... LGBTQ+ folx and SOFFAs (Significant Others, Family, Friends, and Allies) of all ages are invited to enjoy good food and make new friends!
Donations are welcome but the meals are FREE! (We promise the food is delicious, the Assabet Valley students have catered our holiday parties at BayPath for many years!) Come visit us and give us YOUR suggestions and requests to help us make this cafe a wonderful and special place!
Please RSVP so that we can provide enough meals for all to enjoy!
Answers to FAQs:
* The school is located just a little way off RT 495.
* Parking is FREE and everything is accessible. The cafe is located on the ground floor.
* The cafe has its own entrance; follow the path around the school to park near the Epicurean Room. Visitors at the main entrance must show ID, but YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SHOW ID TO USE THE CAFE ENTRANCE.
* BayPath and Assabet Valley folx will be there to welcome you!
* We promise, it's not "rubber chicken!" Our buffet offers professionally crafted food, prepared by the Culinary Arts students under the Chefs' direction. We DO have vegetarian options at each meal. (Please contact us if you want something tasty and vegan, see contact info below.)
* Come exactly as you are! Casual clothing is fine, or you can dress fancier if you like! (Just please remember you are in a school, so please no profanity on t-shirts, etc.)
* You can come dressed en femme / en homme, but as of now there is no space where you can change clothing.
* There are bathrooms located near the cafe; as of now there is no nearby all-gender restroom, but if you would prefer one, we will work with the school to find a way to provide one for you.
* Contact Julie Nowak, LGBTQ+ Initiative Coordinator for BayPath Elder Services, at 508-573-7288 (direct line) or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Please RSVP via MeetUp.