- Help Volunteer for A BBQ, Games, and Outdoor Movie Charity For Homeless Families
Weinberg Waimanalo Village
• What we'll do: Games, Play time with the children, BBQ and Outdoor Movie Night... We will be providing BBQ food for all the transitioning families of the housing village and helping to celebrate the new year in style with outdoor games, great BBQ, and an outdoor movie experience. We need volunteers to help serve the food, organize & facilitate games for the children, help BBQ, and talk story with all the wonderful families that live there. ANY help you can give is greatly appreciated! • What to bring: A smile, and your ability to get to know these amazing people that are transitioning out of homelessness with their children! * Any monetary donations are greatly appreciated and will go toward supplying food for the BBQ.
- Thanksgiving BBQ & Movie Night Celebration for Homeless Village
We are looking to raise $600 to feed all 100+ family members of this homeless village this Friday... ANYTHING will be greatly appreciated. Those who donate $ or food are certainly welcome to attend and enjoy the evening activities. We will be having a Thanksgiving "Aloha" style BBQ feast as well as an outdoor movie night for the children of this homeless village. We've done this before and it is a wonderful night, and you will meet some amazing people! Here is a list of what you can donate: -Money (so we can buy the food) -BBQ to cook for everyone -Fish to BBQ for 60 people -Chicken to BBQ for 60 people -Salad for 80 people -Juices and water for 100 people If you have a large BBQ (meaning can cook for 20 people at a time) PLEASE contact me to see if we can borrow it for the evening. If you can bring any of the above listed items and COMMIT, please RSVP to us here so we can put you down as bringing that item. We hope to have you join us for this months charity project and appreciate ALL OF YOU! Let's make this Friday night a memorable one for these families! For those of you on Facebook that can donate some funds to help us supply for the food: https://www.facebook.com/donate/2083457555297725/ If you are NOT on facebook, here is our GoFundMe for this event: https://www.gofundme.com/thanksgiving-dinner-amp-outdoor-movie Again, ANY amount you can donate will go toward buying food for all the families! Thank you and Aloha, Samuel And the team at Pay Aloha Forward
- Help Volunteer for A BBQ Charity For Homeless Families
• What we'll do: We will be providing BBQ food for all the transitioning families of the housing village and helping to celebrate the new year in style with outdoor games, great BBQ and cook-off, and an outdoor movie experience (weather permitting) We need volunteers to help serve the food, organize & facilitate games for the children, help BBQ, and talk story with all the wonderful families that stay there. ANY help you can give is greatly appreciated! • What to bring: A smile, and your ability to get to know these amazing people that are transitioning out of homelessness with their children!
- Sea Life Park for Homeless Families
• What we'll do We will be taking homeless families and their children to an experience they will not soon forget to Sea Life Park....a place they have NEVER been let alone never even heard of, and it is right down the street from them. We need funds to take all 125 people....we are fund raising to get $2500 to afford to hire the buses, pay admission for everyone, provide lunches for everyone, organize a special dolphin experience for the children, etc. You can make individual donations here: https://www.gofundme.com/homeless-children-to-sea-life-park (And check out our video) It would be GREAT to have a few of you volunteer to help fund raise....post the link to your FB friends, LinkedIn and email contact, spread the word... Check our video on our GoFundMe Page Here: https://www.gofundme.com/homeless-children-to-sea-life-park Or our YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lXCr0QPNT4&t=2s Heck we are even considering doing a car wash to raise the remaining funds. So, we need help with organizing the fundraiser.... PLEASE RSVP to this email and let us know how you can participate....It seems December is always a tough monthly for charity, but, it will make the WORLD of difference to all these homeless families! We appreciate you all, and, if you want to come to the park with us, we encourage that as well!!! Your cost to enter the park that day will be $20 (which will cover the cost of one of the homeless parents to attend as well). Please let us know how you can help! MAHALO!! Samuel Levitz Executive Director, Pay Aloha Forward • What to bring Sunscreen, hat, money for lunch • Important to know https://www.gofundme.com/homeless-children-to-sea-life-park
- 2cd Annual Bicycle Drive Giveaway
We need BICYCLES to give away!!! Last year we donated a BUNCH of bikes to amazing families in need. This year we want to increase our gift and need YOUR help! We are accepting: 1. Bicycles of all sizes (In working order ONLY) 2. Cash donations to buy bicycles (helmets) for the children And we need to find a group or recipient for the bikes, your suggestions are WELCOME!!! Please comment here or on our FB page, https://www.facebook.com/PayAlohaForward/ We also need someone with a truck to help transport the bicycles, so volunteers PLEASE RSVP! Thank you all for your help this year!! Samuel Executive Director, Pay Aloha Forward
- Pay Aloha Forward October Project - This Saturday!
Aloha friends and members of Pay Aloha Forward... This weekend event we will be assisting and supporting another charity: Ho‘ōla Nā Pua Please join us for a landscaping and clean up day at Pearl Haven, this Saturday at 9am. The mission of Ho‘ōla Nā Pua is the renewal of trafficked girls through health, education, advocacy, and reintegration. They are committed to meeting the unique needs of underage female sex trafficked victims through the utilization of individualized, comprehensive, and restorative therapies. Let's all show up and help them create something special on Saturday! **You must REGISTER for the work day here if you would like to attend: https://hoolanapua.org/event/national-make-difference-day-2/ Hope to see you on Saturday, and be on the lookout for our November project! Aloha, Samuel Executive Director, Pay Aloha Forward
- Agree upon our November Charity project
Meet us at the POOL BAR and let's come up with a cool concept for Pay Aloha Forward for November. Meet GREAT new members at one of the best pool bar locations on the island! See you TODAY at 4pm (late notice, I know, but why not?!?!)
- Special Olympics Volunteers Needed!
POC: Christopher Upshaw, SSG, US Army Cell:[masked] Ladies and Gentlemen, First off I want to thank you all for your interest in volunteering with the Special Olympics. All volunteers must be of high school age to volunteer. All volunteers can decide to only volunteer for a portion of the event as long as you can be there from start to finish of your time block. For anyone trying to get a group from your organization, I would need a finalized sign up roster no later than Wednesday, 29 March 2017 in order to properly coordinate. If you sign up for a certain time block but it's already full, I may need to shift you to another slot to ensure we can get the event. We need to fill the "special operations" slots first, but during the event about 40 volunteers will be needed to be timers, escorts or officials. There are already coaches for the event, but one of you mentioned you could be a photographer. It would be awesome if you could photograph swimming, power lifting and track. All volunteers will receive a Special Olympics Hawaii volunteer shirt and are welcome to visit the volunteer hospitality area any time for drinks, snacks and lunch. Any volunteers that are also military will get a memorandum for record to log your volunteer hours. I will do the memorandum and get it distributed through this email chain. I will have a sign in roster during each day. You will also receive a certificate of appreciation from Special Olympics Hawaii. Your name and organization will be on the certificate so military will need to put your unit, civilians can choose to put your workplace or nothing at all. To answer a few questions people have about the hours of the events, they are as follows. Saturday April 8, 2017 Special Operations crew will load up equipment from a warehouse in Kalihi on to box trucks for transport to Iolani High School from around 12:00pm - 1:30pm. We will need about 10 people to complete this task. There will be some heavy ish lifting involved. Another Special Operations crew will be at Iolani High School from 2:00pm - 7:00pm to unload the trucks and set up the stations. We will need about 30 people to complete this task. All volunteers that are helping to load at the warehouse are welcome to help with unloading and set up. There will be some heavy ish lifting involved. Sunday April 9, 2017 Special Operations dawn set up crew will complete any set up tasks that couldn't be finished the previous night, along with preparing the grounds for the event. Anything from putting up banners, setting up tables, water stations, etc. This will take place from 5:45am - 9:00am. We will need about 25 people to complete this task. Special Operations day crew will be on hand to assist with heavy lifting and equipment issues that may arise during the event. This will take place from 8:30am - 5:00pm. We will need about 5 people for this task. Special Operations breakdown crew will tear down event stations and equipment once events are complete. This will take place from 2:00pm - 5:00pm and will have some heavy ish lifting. We will need about 20 people for this task. Special Operations warehouse crew will unload all equipment and place it back in the warehouse in Kalihi. This will take place around 5:30pm - 6:30pm depending on traffic and the completion of the events and will have some heavy ish lifting. We will need about 10 people for this task. Roughly 40 people will be utilized during the event as timers, escorts and officials. This will take place from 7:00am - 4:00pm. I already have about 20 people from my organization that were previously tasked for Sunday's events. The slots are first come, first serve so please reply promptly if you can only be there during a certain time frame. Any help is greatly appreciated as Special Olympics relies heavily on volunteers to make events happen. Please pass along information and please only sign up if you will definitely attend. As with any volunteer based event, people tend to back out the day of since there are no real repercussions for those people. Help Special Olympics Hawaii and the amazing kids participating to have a memorable event. I again want to thank you all for your interest. Feel free to contact me with any questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Very Respectfully, Christopher Upshaw, SSG, US Army Cell:[masked]
- "Freedom Bicycle Drive" -Bicycle Donation to the Homeless
Our December project!!! If you remember our mission statement: "Provide people with a meaningful experience that will create a lasting memory years from now....." This month's project will surely provide an amazing memory for a handful of recipients. Our target, 20 homeless people (children, woman, and men) will receive bicycles that will provide a sense of FREEDOM in their lives and allow them to become more mobile, and, hopefully, bring some joy and optimism into their lives. Watch this video for details now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRxKJ9_W7HE Donations are WELCOME NOW! If you CAN donate the following: • Bicycle in working order • Bike Helmet • Bike Lock • Bike Lock Please comment below with what you are able to contribute for the "Freedom Bicycle Drive" Thank you all in advance and let's give a handful of people the gift of freedom this month! Till then, MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Samuel Levitz Coordinator, Pay Aloha Forward
- Potluck Meal & Outdoor Movie Night @ Shriner's Childrens Hospital
Please RSVP Aloha Pay Aloha Forward...! Our next project is THIS SUNDAY at 5:15pm @ Shriner's Childrens Hospital. Potluck at 5:15pm for 40 people (kids and family of the hospital residents) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSD0upglFtg Please RSVP: 1) if you are coming, and 2) What you can bring List of what items are needed: (*Please tell us WHAT you can bring so we can properly organize!) 1. Garlic Bread (for 40 people) 2. Salad (plenty of veggies-enough for 40 people) 3. Fruit Salad for dessert 4. Bottled Water for 40 people 5. Paper plates, plastic forks (for 40 people) PLENTY of parking there for everyone... Thrilled to see you all again, this will be a BLAST and the children are amazing! Aloha, Samuel