See below for important info on how to register as a volunteer
The Dragon Boat Foundation's mission is to help build, strengthen and enhance community life in Ottawa. By volunteering with the Dragon Boat Festival, you will be helping to support the many programs and services offered by the Ottawa Youth Services Bureau, Tim Horton's Children's Foundation and the Ottawa Dragon Boat Community Fund.
Recognized as North America's largest dragon boating festival, the four day celebration offers access to multiple stages with world class programming, marquee concerts, amusement attractions, sports demonstrations, a variety of artisans, exhibitors, delicious culinary treats, beach-side bar and non-stop racing. Every year many volunteers help make the Festival the success that it is. Without the hard work and dedication of the volunteer team this event would not happen.
The docks area is one of the busiest and most important areas on site. We will be interacting with all of the paddler teams. Assisting the paddlers, keeping things moving, and cheering on the teams will help ensure that the races are on time, and everyone is having a great experience. Responsibilities of the Docks Volunteers
• Assist in directing team participants through the team areas
• Load and unload participants from Dragon Boats before and after each race
• Prepare and organize teams for exit gate
• Help keep races on schedule
• Team counts, check for wristbands, check paddles for certified sticker
• Ensure paddles and PFDs belonging to the festival are not taken out of the staging area (some people will be using their own; those owned by dragon boat will have “GWN” written on them)
• Ensure the site remains free from litter
IMPORTANT - How to register:
1) RSVP to this event
2) Go to the site below to register(it takes 3 minutes):
https://marcatoapp. com/forms/ ottawadragonboatfestival/ volunteer_application (https://marcatoapp.com/forms/ottawadragonboatfestival/volunteer_application)
- Enter N/A for Minor Waiver and Police Check, No for Smart Serve.
- Under Availability: Select the morning and afternoon boxes for June 22
- Number of Shifts: 1 on June 22th
- Additional Info: Volunteering with Pay It Forward . (This way she'll know to group us together. There are 2 people per dock but our docks will be together)