addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Jon B.


Redwood City, CA
Hometown: Redwood City

Member since:

May 12, 2011

Are you vegan? (If not, please describe why you are interested in joining the group.)

Yes. I'd say my diet is 95% vegan. The other 5% is lacto-ovo vegetarian. I find this to be practical in the current American culture. A healthful vegan diet can be complete, varied and scrumptious.

What kind of activities would you like to see in this group?

Potlucks, dining together at restaurants, book discussions, cooking classes, hiking, outings. Any activity that allows us to support and encourage each other to enable us to follow this alternative path.

What are your main motivations for following a vegan lifestyle?

All the reasons make sense to me. Environmental, animal rights, health, living simply.


I live in Redwood City and work as a software engineer. I look forward to connecting with other veg*ns in this area.

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy