Join if you're between 31-36 and are looking to meet people or make friends at a similar age who enjoy dining, hiking, travelling, reading, sports, arts, having a great conversation, anything really.
All the more reason to join if you feel shy or have a hard time talking to people or making friends in a social setting. This is a welcoming and warm place for everyone.
• A clear profile pic of your face is required for safety reasons. No pic, no join.
• Active membership in the group. Once a year, in July, I go through our member list and remove people who have not RSVP'd and/or attended any of our events. We believe over time this will help us curate more familiar faces at events to help us build better connections and lasting friendships.
• No business, marketing schemes, religious promotions allowed. There are groups for that. Join those instead.
RSVPs, CANCELLATIONS, NO-SHOWS:
We understand things happen and plans change. To keep things fair to all and avoid disappointing members on the wait list, and to avoid embarrassing situations at the restaurants and places of business where we make reservations, we expect common courtesy and communication from our members:
• you are responsible for keeping track of events you RSVP for and are on a wait list for!
• notify event organizer/hostess ASAP if you will be late and your ETA
• if you RSVP to an event and you change your mind, you must change your RSVP status to 'not going' at least 24 hours ahead of time so your place can be offered to someone on the wait list with sufficient notification. Some of our members have complained about wanting to attend events and not being able to attend due to the wait list, but then having spots open up at the very last minute and not having enough time to plan accordingly.
• 1 no-show pardon: things happen, we get it. First no-show and your profile will have receive a "naughty note" and a warning. More than 1 no-show and you will be removed from the group.
ONE LAST THING...
Feel free to suggest event ideas on our discussion board. If you would like to become an event organizer, have particular things you want to try, please get involved.
I hope our members can make lasting friendships from this group and we hope you enjoy your experience with our Meetup group!