**PLEASE NOTE: The cost of this meetup is paid to the "Manhattan By Sail" company using the link below. This is not The Persian Art & Culture Lovers' charge for the meetup. To find out how to pay please read below. Also, for those who cannot make it to the boat ride we are meeting at 7:30 at the Frying Pan for dinner. You can find details below.**
Let's celebrate the start of the summer and the one year anniversary of the Persian Art & Culture Lovers in NYC.
"Sail smoothly into the start of your weekend with a post-work party on board Manhattan's most elegant sailing ship. All drinks are half off starting at $3 !!! (which makes them taste twice as good!) on this fantastic hour long excursion on the water".
To purchase tickets click here, scroll down and choose the Friday June 20th date.
Click here for map and directions.
Here are some important details about how and when to arrive and what to wear:
DON'T MISS THE BOAT!
• Please arrive dockside at least 30 minutes prior to departure time in order to meet our dockside agent and retrieve your boarding pass(es).
• Each passenger MUST have a boarding pass in order to get onto the boat. The boat leaves promptly at the scheduled departure time and cannot wait for stragglers.
• MBS reserves the right to release your reserved space(s) 10 minutes prior to departure if you have not yet checked in dockside.
WHAT DO I WEAR?
• They ask that passengers wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals. Heels and boots can scuff the deck. Bare feet are also fine.
• The temperature can be cooler out on the water so dress accordingly - always best to be over-prepared for the cold with layers!
• Hats and sunscreen are recommended on sunny summer days.
HOW DO I GET THERE?
Please allow ample time to locate the Shearwater dock if you are not familiar with the area.
The Shearwater Classic Schooner departs from North Cove Marina at Brookfield Place (World Financial Center) in Lower Manhattan.
Subway: A/C to Chambers St.; 2/3 to Park Pl.; 4/5 to Fulton St.; E/PATH to WTC.
Walk West on Vesey St., turn Left on North End Ave. and go 1 block to Marina. Continue around to the South side. Please allow up to 20 minutes to locate the Shearwater dock if you are not familiar with the area.
Car/Taxi: The closest intersection is South End Ave & Liberty St. From West St, turn on Liberty St. and go 1 block. Take footpath down ramp past flagpoles to Marina. Shearwater departs from the South side of Marina.
Parking: Gateway Parking 395 South End Avenue NY, NY[masked], located just behind the Chase Bank
Bus:M9, M20, M22 to Brookfield Place (World Fin Ctr)
Ferry: From the World Financial Center Ferry Terminal, walk South along the Hudson River to Marina and continue around to the South side. Ferry information can be found here: World Financial Center Ferry.
A casual dinner is in order at the Pier 66 Maritime. If you cannot make it to the boat ride you can meet us there.
As usual there needs to be at least 5 people for the meetup to take place.
Looking forward to seeing you there!