Do we unconsciously sabotage our closest personal relationships, repeating the same mistake(s) in the same ways? Join us tonight as we extract what we can learn about our behavior from our past relationships ... and explore how we would prefer to act in the future.
Have you not found that right partner? Are you surprised that the same pattern with potential partners keeps occurring in your life? Do you get frustrated that
Tonight, we will explore what we have done, why we did it and how we can break our sabotaging pattern so that our future relationships will be healthier and more rewarding then the relationships in our past. You'll leave knowing what to avoid, and what to replace it with.
We do some exercises where we'll look at what behaviors we are doing that may not be supporting creating stronger relationships. And we'll end up practicing better behaviors that really will create the relationships that we want.
To Prepare ....
1) What pattern do I seem to repeat again and again when I am in disagreement / conflict with my partner?
2) How does it feel physiologically (in my body) when I am stressed / triggered? (Pit in the stomach, lump in the throat, trouble thinking clearly, thoughts spinning, feeling trapped, feeling terrified, feeling paralyzed etc.)
Our Leader This Evening
Eric Michael Cohen is a marriage & relationship repair specialist in private practice at The Life Lab Coaching Studio in Braintree.
A veteran of many personal growth and introspective programs, Eric strives to increase harmony and restore conflict using an approach that balances paradigm shift, behavioral mindfulness, and pragmatic skills.
Eric's interest in healing relationships comes from the experience he had in his own marriage before he entered the field. Coming back successfully from the brink of divorce created the desire to help others do the same.
Separate from relationship and individual work, Eric's other interests include dogs, music, and football.
* Other, Upcoming Heartbeat Salons.
* Join our Heart Conversation on FaceBook
* What is a Heartbeat Salon?
* Where are Heartbeat Salons
* Guidelines for Attending a Heartbeat Salon .
For Potential Hosts:
* How to Host a Heartbeat Salon .
* Topics to Offer at a Heartbeat Salon .
For Potential Presenters:
* How to Present at a Heartbeat Salon .
* Give Us Your Ideas (topics, locations, etc) .