2 1/2 hours group session.
**Last event booked quickly!**
We've timed this Astro Photography meetup for optimal shooting conditions, however, please be aware that this event will still go ahead if partly cloudy. Minimum is 9, maximum 15. We reserve the right to postpone or cancel & refund subject to booking numbers and weather. If too cloudy event will become a time lapse at night workshop.
Perfect for most photographers with DSLRs and experienced photographers wishing to explore the photography of the night's sky & stars.
5:30 pm arrival
5:40 pm descent to river bank (5-minute walk)
Ron will explain settings and technique to get great images of night's sky and talk about star trails.
limited to the first 15 to RSVP.
This is a fun learning WORKSHOP. Where questions will be answered by Ron. Covering the basics of Astro Photography and more.
TOPICS TO COVER
Topics covered on the day may include....
• How to shoot day nighttime landscapes.
• Manual settings.
• How to get what you want in focus.
• Rules of shutter speed.
• How to make a photo look blue or warm using white balance settings.
• What does ISO do?
• Finding interesting shots from challenging lighting conditions.
• How to create art using creative settings and composition.
• Working with available light and backgrounds.
• Bush and nature
WHAT YOU NEED
• Closed shoes
• Warm jacket/clothes
• A small torch, no spotlights
• Preferably an SLR camera, however smartphone camera with manual settings is acceptable with a tripod.
• Enough battery & memory card space to last more than 3 hours/
• Full-sized Tripod and shutter release cable for exposures over 30 seconds.
• A bottle of water (optional).
• Bring your widest lens 24mm and wider, however, Any standard lens will work.