Do you have a fancy camera and would like to learn how to master settings at our unique rural farm environmental portrait session?
Would you like simple and effective tips to create amazing candid portraits in a fun and educational group setting?
As this is a private venue in Parkerville, the address will be sent to those that have paid for the event in the days leading up to the event, via Meetup message.
We are very lucky to partner with this large hills property that has a tribe of friendly domesticated farm animals including 2 beautiful horses, all with loads of character of which we will be able to take photos of and with the assistance of the owner, who is also going to model for us. This is a beautiful setting situated only 40 minutes from Perth CBD near Mundaring. The perfect hills escape.
Experience stunning scenery & take amazing photos amongst enchanted landscape & rustic farm life.
This environmental portrait session is perfect for:
• all levels including beginners;
• For people who have just bought a camera;
• Those that identify with rural life, low-waste lifestyle;
• More seasoned photographer's wanting to learn how to shoot like
a pro using manual settings.
Do you want to improve your general photo taking skills and learn easy tips and tricks to take better photos?
TOPICS TO COVER
Our workshop is a more interactive & friendly/casual approach, so if you need clarification or guidance on a particular technique/subject feel free to ask...
This is a fun to learn walkabout class. Where questions will be answered by professional Portrait and Landscape photographer Cyrus from Lighthouse Photography. Covering the basics of photography.
WHAT YOU NEED
• Closed shoes
• Preferably an SLR camera, however, smartphone camera or compact camera is ok.
• Enough battery & memory card space to last more than 3 hours.
• No need for a tripod (unless you plan to shoot into the sunset or if you have a powerful ND filtre - Leave tripod in your car until needed).
• A bottle of water (optional).
• 1-3 lens (at least 50mm or above - if you have an SLR) and a camera bag
• A mini notepad and pen (optional).
Mental Health Message
Perth Learn Photography is an Act-Belong-Commit partner.
Our members have experienced mental health benefits on our walkabouts and learning sessions.
Photography is a liberating creative outlet, reducing stress & anxiety.
Photography has the potential to inspires us as well.
Photography has an empowering effect on many, especially:
· Disadvantaged & marginalized communities
· The elderly
· The differently enabled
Limited to 12 people.
Practicing photography may improve memory, may increase emotional intelligence and people skills. Photography has the potential to strengthen storytelling skills & self-confidence.
After learning how to take better photos photographers generally feel a strong sense of fulfillment & achievement.
MORE HEALTH BENEFITS
Taking photos is a physically active event. There's lots of walking, thinking, lifting the camera, controlling your breathing as you take a series of photographs.